woensdag 3 augustus 2011

Otis Redding .....

My mother used to play every single record of this man and I hated it. I was almost forced to listen to Otis every day of the week. At one point I knew all of his songs by heart and moms even caught me singing when she would listen to him. 
I can't thank her enough for introducing me to real soulfull music like his. You instantly feel his emotion in every single word he sings. 

My all time favorite Otis record is "Try a little Tenderness". I was 13 years old screaming along with this song. I had my mother looking at me like I was crazy. I still listen to his music every week. It takes me back to my childhood and makes me think of my mother. 

So when I saw that Jay and Kanye used this track as a sample for their first "Watch the throne"release I was super thrilled. 
Otis samples+ Hiphop= Guaranteed succes! 

I have listened to this joint for about 10x times and I couldn't hear Jay or Kanye's verses. The beat had me! After having this on repeat for 50 times I still can't tell you what Kanye and Jay be rapping bout. No wait, that's a lie! Since everybody was calling the paperazzi on themselfs I do know. 




Shoutout to all the producers I have been telling' for years to sample this Otis track! I see you! #Lames!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten